Monday, November 8, 2010

Tuesday 9th of November

Well,  lots has happened since I was last on here.   We left Mount Isa at the end of October on a Sunday and drove to Townsville to offload some furniture to Tiarna.  We spent a couple of days with her catching up which was great. I am so proud of Tiarna as she has grown up to be an incredible woman.  We then went on to Cairns to stay with Sylvia (we took Monique out of school for the afternoon/evening as we hadn't seen her for ages) who has set up a room at the back of her house for us to live in when we are in Cairns.  So we now have a heap of boxes and a stack of suitcases in the room but it is great to have a space to be ourselves.  Thanks Syl and Brenton, you are champions.  Hugs to you both. 

Steve started working out of the Cairns branch for a couple of days when the visas arrived.  Yahoo buckaroo.  Finally.  Steve was promptly organised to fly to Port Moresby on Sunday 7th of November where he unpacked in our new home and started working the next day at the PNG Head Office.  The reports I have had since then is that the rain season has started and it is incredibly sticky and hot.  Yah.  I am so not looking forward to that, but as this is an adventure and we will be living there for a couple of years, I will have to get used to it and take it all in my stride.  He also said that the others living in the compound had organised a bbq for that first afternoon in the pool area and they had lobster, crab, prawns and salad for dinner.  Steve was in heaven.  He just loves seafood and as I am allergic to it , I don't cook it for him very often.  I have promised to learn for him while we are up there and find out where to get the good stuff from so that he can eat it regularly. 

I am still in Cairns living at my sisters house, looking after my niece and nephew, cooking dinner, reading etc and generally having a lovely relaxing time.  I'm heading to Brisbane tomorrow for my youngest sisters wedding (Yolander) where most of my family will be and it is expected to be an absolutely fabulous time.  Monique is flying down on Thursday to join me.  I didn't want her to miss too many days of school.  I'm sure she hates that about me but that's life.  While I'm in Brisbane I will be buying some dichroic glass from the warehouse there so that I can do the glass for a piece of artwork that my lovely friend Sonja (Sowila) has been comissioned to do for the new upgrades at the Mount Isa Hospital.  Sonja is an incredible artist and asked me many months ago to contribute some of my glass to her very inspired piece of art.  I feel so honoured.  I will have about a week and a half once I get back from my trip to Brisbane to get this done before Monique finished school for the year and we head to PNG.  I spent a bit of time in town yesterday chatting to various bead people to find out who has a kiln that I may  be able to borrow for this job and I have found someone I think.  This will have to be confirmed soon.  So i will post a photo on here when the art is done.

That's all for now.  I will post some more later on to let you know what is going on.

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment