Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday 25th of October

Still in Mount Isa, although we have finally been given a start date which is the 4th of November for Steve to start at the office in Cairns until the visas have arrived.  So we are leaving here on Sunday morning, 31st of October, will drop off some furniture to Tiarna in Townsville and then head on up to Cairns.  I have been missing Monique heaps since she went to boarding school but am very happy with the knowledge that we will be seeing her really soon.  I can't wait to see her and Tiarna. 
The house has been almost completely painted inside (I have a tiny bit to go) and then cleaning to do also.  The yard was done yesterday and it looks great.  We are not selling the house at the moment because we have decided to take our time doing it up a bit.  Our friend Clare has offered to caretake for us which is peace of mind.  The removalist arrived last tuesday to take away the bits that we are sending up to Port Moresby.   Amid the last of the painting and cleaning, we are spending heaps of time with friends who we will miss dearly when we leave.  We have had a fantastic time out here in the Isa and have definately made some life long friends. 
I received a phone call from Steve the morning asking me to get out wedding certificate and Monique's birth certificate out of the filing cabinet and take them out to his work for him as the PNG consulate had requested them.  Do you think I could find the keys to the cabinet?  About 2 weeks ago I put them somewhere safe.  I have no idea where that somewhere safe is, so after an upset phone call to Steve, he came home and broke it open.  Lovely hey.  Anyway all is good so hopefully we will see the visas very soon. 
There is only about 5 more weeks of school left for Monique and in that time, we are both flying down to Brisbane for Yolanders wedding, so the time for us all the be in Port Moresby is coming up very fast.  I expect that Steve will be going up much sooner than that, which is ok as he has such incredible challenges to overcome in this new job that he will be very busy and working long hours in the beginning.  Monique and I will fly up there when she finished school for the year.  She will be able to set up her own room in the style that suits her.  I was thinking many months ago (before I realised that I wouldn't be up there very quickly) that I would spend time doing up her room so that it would be a surprise when she arrived.  What a laugh. 
So anyway, that's all the news for now.  Another blog soon.
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment